My Skincare Routine AKA Part of My Self-care Routine
Happy Sunday! I hope you had a wonderful holiday! Mine was so great, but man per usual, I ate way too much and definitely did not get enough sleep! So need a vacay to recover. Anyone with me? Well, now that the holidays are behind us I would love to say that things will slow down, but for for me things are only picking up. Not a bad thing, but I wanted to take time today to remind myself and others like me that no matter how busy life gets, you have to remember to take care of you! I have written about this many times now, but I seem to always need the reminder and thought I would remind others too.
So with this top of mind right now as I am already feeling the stress, exhaustion as well as showing it on my face (seriously, is it just me or does everyone feel this? I swear I got more wrinkles in the past month than ever and my skin is so broken out! I always feel like my forehead shows this worse than anywhere else, anyone agree?) Anyways with this said, one of my self-care tasks for the new year is to take better care of my skin so even if I am still stressed I at least look less stressed in the new year. Plus, I always get asked about what skincare products I use, so I thought I would share some of products I am using/use regularly as well as some non-product things I try to do to help with this. Check them out below & cheers!
1. Get more sleep - no brainer here, the more sleep I get the better I feel and my skin looks. Beauty sleep remember?
2. Remove Makeup before bed - OMG this use to be so hard for me, but since i discovered the makeup wipes, so easy now. :) BUT, I also wash my face with a light face wash after too because the wipes are great, but they sometimes don't fully clean and nourish my skin. I use Cetaphil face cleanser and just started using a new fave called Puremay Soft Velvet Cleanser that I got via the BeautyBy app. LOVE IT! You can check out my BeautyBy app review here.
3. Use a hydrating facial mask at least 2-3x a week - I love facial masks! They're amazing for your skin! One I have been using recently and LOVE is the Exuviance Overnight Recovery Masque. It is a little more pricey than some, $65, but honestly it is so amazing and totally worth it! You only need to use it 2-3x a week too; so not everyday. To me it's less than getting regular facials. What's so great about this mask? Well, it is specially a detoxifying water-gel masque is formulated to:
Help neutralize the effects of daily pollution and environmental damage
Fill deep reserves of natural skin moisture to restore suppleness and comfort
Strengthen skin's protective moisture barrier
Plus, it is good for ALL skin types, even sensitive skin like mine :) Even better, you can sleep in this so no extra time needed. YAY! Learn more about it and shop it here if interested.
4. Use anti-aging eye cream, serum and moisturizer every night - Well, I am not getting any younger and my skin as well as body reminds me of this all the time. I am a HUGE believer in taking care of your skin so this is the area I actually spend the most on product wise; with in reason of course too. So my favorite anti-aging skincare brands & products have been the ones I get directly from my Dermatologist, Germain Dermatology (Advanced Vitamin C Brightening Serum, Magic-Eyes Plus, and Retinol Smoothing Serum 10x) as well as the recent ones I have been using this month called VictoriaLand Beauty, specifically the skin-loving minis they gifted me. This includes: Skin-Loving Elixir Revitalizing Face Oil, Skin-Loving Treatment for Eyes and Lips, and Skin-Loving Moisturizer Nourishing Face and Neck Cream. So far I am really loving them. I don't use them ALL at once just FYI.
5. Use anti-aging eye cream, serum and moisturizer with SPF30 or more every morning - Products I use include: Germain Dermatology (Advanced Vitamin C Brightening Serum & Magic-Eyes Plus) as well as the recent ones I have been using this month called VictoriaLand Beauty, specifically the skin-loving minis they gifted me. This includes: Skin-Loving Elixir Revitalizing Face Oil, Skin-Loving Treatment for Eyes and Lips, and Skin-Loving Moisturizer Nourishing Face and Neck Cream. I don't use them ALL at once just FYI. I do use CeraVe Ultra-Light Moisturizing Lotion SPF 30 everyday! Love it!!! Get it from Walmart.
6. Hydrate your non-facial skin as well - I have been using the Neutrogena® Hydro Boost Body Gel Cream (original scent and fragrance free), Hydro Boost Whipped Body Balm and Hydro Boost Hand Gel Cream they #gifted me a few weeks ago and I still use daily. Love this stuff. Check out my full review here. #gotitfree
7. Drink more water - SO IMPORTANT! Not the easiest but I add crystal light and it helps me drink more water everyday.
8. Eat less sugar - the struggle! I love sugar, but man I can tell I look better and actually feel better when I don't eat way too much. :( I will say, one thing I have found that helps with my sweet tooth besides fruit, is eating Halo Top ice cream. I LOVE it and don't feel guilty for eating it. My faves are: Oatmeal Cookie, Birthday Cake and Pumpkin Pie. YASSSS!!!!
9. Stress Less - LOL Yep. Honestly, plan better AKA better time management and exercise for this. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't...vicious cycle I know.
#sponsored #overnightrecoverymasque #exuviance #beautyblogger #skincare #selfcare #loveyourself #agirlinshades #charlestonblogger #styleblogger #bloggerstyle #best #skincareguide #stressless #holidays #trending #PoweredbyBrandBacker